BEGINNERS SHORT COURSE – Module 1
Following courses are on offer:
- Saturdays from 8:00am-11:30am:
- Saturdays from 1:00pm-4:30pm:
- ENROL in Mar Course (Mar 7th / Mar 14th / Mar 21st / Mar 28th)
- Weekend intensive from 8:am-4:30pm (for people travelling from further away)
- ENROL in April Weekend Intensive (Apr 4th / Apr 5th)
- Thursdays from 6pm-9:30pm:
- ENROL in May Course (May 14th / May 21st / May 28th / June 4th)
For people who would like to experience the artistic side of blacksmithing. No previous experience or special skills are required. The course runs over a four-week period on Saturday mornings or afternoons. Module 1 students are given an overview of the practice including the primary tools used, safety precautions and creative possibilities. They are taught how to light and manage a coke fired forge and will be introduced to some of the fundamental techniques (drawing out, bending, twisting). Learning exercises are designed to enable everyone to take home one completed project after each session! The course is limited to nine persons.
Minimum age for students is 12 and under 15’s need to be accompanied by an adult, also enrolled in the course.
Price $490 / $441 (student under 24)