- Tuesday Evenings 6:00 – 9:00pm
- 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 12:30 – 4:30pm
If you live further away, it might be a good idea to check the calendar or contact us before heading down. Sometimes, other commitments prevent us from opening up the forge.
Only members can forge at Waterside and membership requires payment of an annual fee of $200. Membership forms can be obtained here wmas-membershipform-2018 or requested by email. Before being allowed to forge, all members must have completed an introductory basic blacksmithing course at Waterside or be able to demonstrate fundamental competencies.
- $35 per session
- $300 for 10 sessions
Supervision is included in the forge fees but not teaching.
The forge fees include the use of blacksmithing tools, equipment and coke. After 3 months, members are expected to bring their own hand tools. The use of power tools, welding and oxy-acetylene equipment is not included and will only be permitted after approval by the supervisor. Steel stock is not included in the forge fee and members are required to bring their own or purchase steel from Waterside.
- September 18, 2017Comments Off on New weekend intensive ‘The Blacksmiths Tools’
- June 7, 2017Comments Off on BEGINNERS COURSES – OPEN
- June 6, 2017Comments Off on New Kanca stock arrives